2017 Mutzfest Challenge
Homemade Recipe Contest
Think your Mutz can stand up to the discerning palates of Hoboken’s Mutz experts? Want to try? Answer a few basic questions first, please, to see if you are Mutz-worthy.
Click here to fill out the entry form. Three challengers will be selected.
OFFICIAL RULES BELOW
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE CONTIGUOUS 48 UNITED STATES AND D.C., 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. How to Enter: Beginning at 4 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2017 until Noon on Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”), you may enter the “Mutzfest Challenge Homemade Recipe Contest” (the “Promotion”) by visiting the Mutzfest website (www.mutzfest.com) (the “Website”) and completing and submitting the online entry form. Incorrect and incomplete entries are void. These official rules are also available on the Website. All entries must be received by the end of the Promotion Period to be valid. There is a limit of one (1) entry, per valid email address, per eligible person for the duration of the promotion. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “day” begins at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET unless specified otherwise. If multiple entries are received, only the first entry will be accepted and additional entries will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by you to obtain more than one (1) entry per day by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods may void your entries and you may be disqualified from the Promotion. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries by you. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders.
2. Eligibility: This Promotion is open only to legal residents of the contiguous 48 United States and D.C. who are 21 years of age or older as of the Promotion start date, except employees and members of their households and immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses) of the Promotion Entities (as defined below) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their advertising and promotion agencies and all local sponsors. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and where prohibited. Any employee, family members of HFA, any Mutzfest participating restaurant, or sponsor is ineligible to enter.
3. Privacy: When you enter at the Website, you may be asked to consent to receive promotional e-mails and reminders for upcoming promotions and information about Sponsor. Consenting to receive such e-mails is optional and does not have to be agreed to in order to be eligible to enter the Promotion and does not improve your chances of winning.
4. Limitations of Liability: The HFA, L.L.C. (“Sponsor”) and other participating sponsors (collectively with Sponsor, the “Promotion Entities”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; inability to access the Website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or any combination thereof. Online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By entering, you agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Entities, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, their respective representatives and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, promotion partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors and shareholders, from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with your participation and/or entry in the Promotion and/or their receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Promotion or due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion. Any and all warranties and guarantees are subject to the respective manufacturer’s terms. Except where prohibited by law, the winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Promotion Entities to use said winner’s and any travel companion’s names, photographs, likenesses, statements, biographical information, voices, and city and state addresses on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
5. How Winner will be Determined: Three Mutzfest Challenge participants will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries on Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2017 by an independent judging organization, and will be contacted by phone. Decisions of Sponsor and Administrator with respect to Grand Prize Winner and other matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final. A prospective Grand Prize Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity (where permitted), and return same, properly executed, within five (5) days of issuance of prize notification. If Sponsor or Administrator is unable to contact the prospective participants within 24 hours from first notification attempt, if the prospective participant fails to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date, or if the prospective participant fails to comply with any of the requirements, his/her prize will be forfeited and an alternate prospective participant shall be selected. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. Conditions of Entry: Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the Administrator’s or Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Promotion, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion, the judges reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Promotion, or to terminate the Promotion and conduct a random drawing to award the prize using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Website. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
7. Prize: Three eligible participants will receive two (2) General Admission tickets to Mutzfest in Hoboken, NJ. Transportation and travel is not provided and attendance is required. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize (or a component thereof) for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Grand Prize cannot be transferred, substituted, or redeemed for cash except.
8. Disputes/Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant or the Promotion Entities in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. YOU (AND YOUR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS IF YOU ARE A MINOR) HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, IDENTIFIABLE PERSONS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTICIPANTS, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
9. Participant List: To receive the name of the Participants, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: HFA Mutzfest Sweepstakes – Winners’ List, Attn: THoward, PO Box 1194, Hoboken NJ 07030
10. Sponsor: HFA, PO Box 1194, Hoboken NJ 07030
11. Administrator: The Hoboken Family Alliance P.O. Box 1194, Hoboken, New Jersey 07030